Queer affirmative counselling psychologist
Therapy can be intimidating, confusing and anxiety provoking, and my primary job as a therapist is to demystify this process and support you in this courageous and beautiful journey of exploration and reconstruction of self.
I call myself a full-time human, and a part-time psychologist, and take it as my duty to help you see the human in you which is worthy and lovable with all its unique aspects. How do I do this? It’s not rocket science, instead a delicate balance of evidence based approaches and a safe and brave space with lots of compassion, empathy and curiosity. Remember, you’re more than a set of symptoms, and deserve to be seen for the person you are beyond that.
Some areas that I have special interest in are, body image, sleep, LGBTQIA+, psychoneuroimmunology, anxiety and relationships (romantic and platonic). The lens that I use to approach my work stems from solid research in the field of mental health like, attachment theory, mindfulness, somatic experiencing, and I use them within the framework of classic therapeutic modalities like Humanistic therapy, Cognitive Behavior Therapy and Dialectical-Behavior Therapy among others.
- B.A. (Hons) in Applied Psychology from Vivekananda College, Delhi University
- M.A. in Applied Psychology (Specialization in Counseling Psychology) from TATA Institute of Social Sciences, BALM
- Certified Yoga Teacher under Yoga Alliance
- Currently in training for Level II of Transactional Analysis under International Transactional Analysis Association (ITAA)
- Mental Wellness Coach with Sibly, a US based Start-Up (2019- Present)
- Private Counseling Practice (2019-2021)
- Group Counseling (2021)
- Career Counseling using Dermatoglyphics Multiple Intelligence Test (2017)